Octagon at home allows you to watch a streamed film in your home using an internet browser on your computer. Tickets can only be bought on-line. After you have purchased a ticket you will receive a username and password by email within 3 days of the film showing date which will allow you to view the film.
If you are watching a film at home on one device, you only need to purchase one ticket. The number of people watching the film on your device is not relevant. Of course, as a member, you may wish to purchase a ticket to watch a film at home on your device but would also like to give a friend access to the film on their device which is not in your home. This can be done by buying another ticket for your friend. If they are not a member, then the cost would be £5 for them and £3 for yourself. Summarising, your ticket price is only related to the number of devices on which you wish to watch the film. If it’s more than one then you will need to pay to have access to the second device either at the member’s or non-member’s rate whichever is appropriate.
Ticket sales will stop 4 days before the film showing to allow time to provide members with their username and password credentials that will give them access to the film showing. Please note that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the performance is cancelled. It is important to note that the film will be streamed at the specified date and time and cannot be paused (i.e. you are not able to watch the film at a time of your own choosing).
Just before the film is streamed use the link https://vsr.filmbankconnect.com/login to access the Filmbank Virtual Screening Room where you will be asked for your username and password. There is also an optional text ‘chat’ facility which will allow you to communicate with other Octagon members before, during or after the film.
- A minimum internet connection speed of 5Mbps is required for streaming, (we recommend over 10Mbps).
- Internet Explorer is not a supported browser (we recommend Google Chrome, Edge, Safari and Firefox).
- A computer (Windows PC or Mac) should be used to watch the film.
- Outputting to a TV via an HDMI cable is both technically supported and something we recommend for your viewing enjoyment. You will not be able to connect with your TV wirelessly.
How to book a film
Tickets can only be obtained using our on-line ticket sales facility. This can be accessed by using this link: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/octagonfilmslive
Alternatively you can simply click on Buying Tickets menu item and then the “On-line from Ticketsource” option.
After a ticket has been purchased a username and password will be sent to you via e-mail within 3 days of the film showing date which will allow you to view the film.
Non-members: £5.00, Members: £3.00
Ticket sales will stop 4 days before the film showing to allow time to provide members with the individual credentials that will give them access to the film showing. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the performance is cancelled.
How to watch a film at home summary
- Follow the link: https://vsr.filmbankconnect.com/login
- This will take you to the Filmbank Virtual Screening Room where you will be asked for your username and password (your credentials).
- Your credentials will have been sent to you within 3 days of the start of the film showing as an attached PDF file by e-mail. This attachment will list the names of all attendees in alphabetical order. Simply look along the row with your name on it for your credentials.
- Please do not use someone else’s credentials as they will then not be able to access the film.
- The film will start at 7.30pm and cannot be paused.
- The text chat facility is available 2 hours before the start of the film and 24 hours after the film finishes. You will need to give a screen ‘nickname’ before you can send or see messages in the text chat facility.
- If you have a problem either just before the film starts or during the film then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for help.